Meet The Apples!!
They have a curious career and a gypsy life….
Traveling around in their Honda Element singing, making music, making friends and trying to “make it” in the kids music industry. This is a story of two struggling artists who had day jobs that changed their lives and made them fall in love.
They are award winning leaders in the kid’s music field. By day, they teach Little Rockers, cool kids music classes for preschoolers and their families, along with 10 other Teaching Artists they have trained. At night they plan and scheme, trying to keep their small business on track and working on building an empire.
It gets tough to work all day, everyday with your spouse. Just try it! Sparks inevitably fly, but the Apples are a team and have realized that they have big dreams that they can accomplish better together than apart.
From the beginning Chris & Jessie were separately working on obtaining their dreams. Chris wanted to be a world famous rocker, traveling all over – and Jessie wanted to be a Broadway baby – winning Tonys and doing shows 8 days a week in NYC. As struggling artists, working on those dreams, they had day jobs (like every artist in the world) except theirs were slightly different from waiting tables or tending bar. They did children’s preschool music classes for another kid’s music company. This allowed them to still work on their craft and have some income. When Chris’ band was off tour and in town he would do a few kids classes. Jessie would do classes in the morning and then perform in Off-Broadway shows at night, most notably “Tony and Tina’s Wedding”. This day job is where they met and fell in love.
The Dynamic Duo!
But what exactly does this duo do?
Oh, singing, dancing, acting, emailing-
Keeping crazy toddlers entertained, engaged and active-
Helping soothe crying babies –
Juggling phone calls, parties, barking dogs, stubborn partners
The Apples are truly gifted at what they do. They are passionate, patient and fun. Their upbeat personalities are genuine and instantly engaging to children. This team is ever active and has produced 5 award winning albums, 4 music videos and 1 educational television pilot. They are restless and will not stop until they conquer the world of Kindie Rock. The goal is to create a music empire. Chris & Jessie work tirelessly to ensure success- through this they bicker, laugh, cry and mostly love each other and love what they do.
We met as co-workers at another company and soon realized we shared a passion to create our own music, and to introduce music to kids and adults. We like to provide a comfortable environment for anyone to experience the bliss of a shared musical experience and decided to create our own band, company and classes to do just that. We compose and produce all of the class music and curriculum together with songwriting input from Jessie’s mom, singer/songwriter Nancy Hartline, and our best friend and fellow Teaching Artist Liam Moroney.
We feel blessed & grateful to be able to pursue our life’s work together. We truly love what we do and hope you will, too. –chris & jessie
OUR EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY
- music is a universal way for humans to interact and bond with one another
- music fosters cooperation, understanding, positivity and joy
- families who share music making are closer and more connected
- children learn best through play, so if everyone is playing and having fun, they’re learning…
- music aids and enhances intellectual, emotional and social growth. There is a wealth of information on this subject.
- Repetition is crucial for the development of young minds, but variety is necessary to keep parents engaged
- Making time for music is one of the best gifts you can give your child
- Children are impartial to musical styles and will enjoy anything that sounds good to them. Since many young parents enjoy and relate to pop and classic rock music, we believe this style is perfect for shared musical experiences for today’s families.
- and finally, you’re never too young or too old to rock out, so come join our band!